Lately I have gone crazy for kimchi and my latest obsession is kimchi bokkeumbap (Korean fried rice), a bit similar to Chinese fried rice. But way more tastier than it. Bored of cooking a dinner today? Try kimchi bokkeumbap . Takes practically 15 minutes to prepare and calls for a few basic ingredients: Kimchi, overnight steamed rice, leftover vegetables in fridge and egg. Kimchi Fried Rice is considered a quick meal or snack in Korea and topped with an egg on it. Whenever life gives us homemade kimchi, I make kimchi fried rice, which is easily one of the most delicious fried rice recipes ever.
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 cup Kimchi(finely chopped)
- 1TBsp Vegetable oil
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 2 Spring onion
- ½ cup Chicken(optional)
- 2 Fried egg, sunny side up(optional)
- Heat the oil in heavy sauce pan and add chopped spring onion(white part)and garlic. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped kimchi and chicken to pan and sauté for 5-10 min on medium heat or until chicken is cooked completely. make sure you cook chicken completely before adding rice.
- Reduce heat to low and add the rice, stirring thoroughly to combine. Cook until the rice is warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and season it with sesame seeds and green scallions.
I prefer my bokkeumbap in a bowl topped with an egg and some green scallions….ENJOY!!